2017 Fall Session
- August 28: Fall Classes Begin. Including Youth Classes, Thursday evening, and Saturday morning Open Classes.
For those on monthly payment, Aug/Sept tuition due.
Late August, September, October, Exact Dates TBA: Selected SJDT students will perform at Valley Faire.
- September 4: SJDT Closed in honor of Labor Day.
- September 9 & 10: SJDT Nutcracker Auditions. Open to the public.
- September 15, 6:15pm in Studio 2: Mandatory 1 st Parent Meeting for the Nutcracker production. Casting revealed.
- September 16: Nutcracker Rehearsals begin and continue through December.
- October 1: For those on monthly payment, October tuition due.
- October 13, 6:15pm in Studio 2: Mandatory 2 nd Parent Meeting for the Nutcracker production.
- October 15, 3:00-6:00pm: Kendra Scott Jewelry Fundraising Event at Santana Row.
- October 31: SJDT Closed for Halloween. (Students allowed to wear parts of their Halloween costumes on November
1, but must be able to still dance in them.)
- November 1: For those on monthly payment, November tuition due.
- November 17, 6:15pm in Studio 2: Mandatory 3 rd Parent Meeting for the Nutcracker production.
- November 23, 24, & 25: SJDT closed for Thanksgiving Break.
- November 25: Dancers in lead roles in Level 5, 6 and Open Class might be called for rehearsals only if necessary. The
Artistic Director will give 2 weeks notice for a November 25 rehearsal. All other dancers are excused on November 25.
November 26 (all day): Mandatory In Studio Run Through at SJDT. ALL dancers in the Nutcracker production called
for run through of the entire Nutcracker performance. Please be back in town for this Mandatory Rehearsal.
- November 27: All regularly scheduled classes rehearsals held at SJDT studios.
- November 28: Pre-Ballet, Level 1, 2 regularly scheduled classes held at SJDT. Level 5, 6 dancers and invited
guests might be called for warm-up and rehearsals held at the CPA - TBA. Please check coming rehearsal schedule.
- November 29: ALL dancers in The Nutcracker called to the CPA. Warm up and technical rehearsals mandatory.
- November 30: NUTCRACKER WEEKEND #1. ALL dancers in The Nutcracker called to the CPA. Warm up lessons and
full Dress Rehearsal mandatory.
- Friday, December 1: 10:30am Nutcracker Dress Rehearsal/Outreach Performance aka School Show. Students
performing in The Nutcracker are asked to miss school on this day. No Open Morning Ballet Classes with Linda
Hurkmans due to the morning School Show performance.
- Friday, December 1: 7:30pm Nutcracker Performance.
- Saturday, December 2: 2:00pm & 7:30pm Nutcracker Performances. All Pre-Ballet, Level 1 and 2 classes held at the
SJDT. If dancers are in The Nutcracker, they MUST come to the theatre at their call time.
Sunday, December 3: 2:00pm Nutcracker Performance.
- December 4: NO Classes held at SJDT. Dancers please rest.
- December 5: All regularly scheduled Youth and Open Classes held at SJDT.
- December 6: All regularly scheduled Youth Classes held at SJDT.
- December 7: NUTCRACKER WEEKEND #2. Warm up lessons and full Dress Rehearsal mandatory.
Friday, December 8: 7:30pm Nutcracker Performance.
- Saturday, December 9: 2:00pm & 7:30pm Nutcracker Performances.
Saturday, December 9: All Pre-Ballet, Level 1 & 2 classes held at the SJDT. If dancers are in The Nutcracker, they
MUST come to the theatre at their call time.
- Sunday, December 10: 2:00pm Nutcracker Performance. Congratulations everyone!
- December 11: All regularly scheduled Youth Classes held at SJDT.
- December 11-16: All regularly scheduled Youth and Open Classes held at SJDT.
- December 18-January 2: SJDT closed for the holidays.
Please note: Level 5, 6, and Invited Guests who are in YAGP and/or the SF Movements Arts Festival will be called
for limited rehearsals during the break.
2018 Winter/Spring Session
- January 2: Linda Hurkmans Morning Open Classes begin again and continue Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings.
- January 3: Master Classes. Open to the Public. TBA.
- January 4: Winter Session Begins. All Youth and Open Classes begin.
- January 13: Nutcracker Cast Party and DVD Viewing Party. TBA.
- January 15: SJDT Closed in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
January TBA: The Kirov Academy of Ballet Washington, D.C. holds auditions at SJDT.
- January 19: San Francisco Movement Arts Festival at Grace Cathedral. Selected SJDT Level 5, 6 dancers and Invited
Guests perform. SJDT community, please enjoy this beautiful festival!
- February 22-25: Youth America Grand Prix performances at The Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. Some Level 5 & 6
students will compete. SJDT community, please come and support our dancers!
- March 10: San Jose Dance Theatre Open Auditions for Summer Intensive. TBA.
- March 29-April 5: SJDT closed for Spring Break.
Spring TBA: San Jose Dance Theatre’s Spring Performance.
- April 22: sjDANCEco Festival @ Santana Row. SJDT Level 5, 6 dancers and invited guests perform.
- April 28: Dancing in the Park, 12:00-5:00pm. SJDT Level 5, 6 dancers and invited guests perform.
- May 28: SJDT closed in honor of Memorial Day.
- May 29-June 9: Mandatory Student Evaluations and Parent/Teacher Conferences. Families are required to sign up for a
conference during this time period to go over progress, goals, and upcoming level placement.
- June 10-17: SJDT Summer Break #1. Linda Hurkmans’ Morning Open Classes still in session.
- June 18-July 7: SJDT 3 Week Youth Summer Intensive.
- July 4: SJDT closed in honor of Independence Day.
- July 7, 6:00pm: SJDT Youth Summer Intensive Showing.
- July 9-14: SJDT Summer Break #2 for Youth Classes. Linda Hurkmans’ Morning Open Classes still in session.
- July 16 to August 11: Youth 4 Week Summer Sessions (after the Summer Intensive). Youth Classes held in each level.
- August 13-25 (exact dates TBA): SJDT Summer Break #3 for Youth and all Open Classes.
- August 25 (exact date TBA): Fall Fundraiser, Promotional Ceremony Celebration.
- August 27: Fall Session 2018 begins.