Due to increased measures to slow the spread of COVID-19, San Jose Dance Theatre classes are canceled until April 8th.
Winter/Spring Class Schedule for January 4 - June 7
Year Schedule for San Jose Dance Theatre 2019 - 2020
Winter/Spring Semester (January 5 – June 7, 2020)
- Parent observation allowed the first week of every month without an appointment.
- Free dress for level 5 and 6 every Friday.
- Jan 3: Master Class, with Michael Lowe, Artistic Director of Menlowe Ballet
- Jan 4: Winter/Spring classes begin
- Jan 24: SF Movements Arts Festival
- Jan 26: Cast party, 12 – 4p, at the SJDT.
- Feb. 14-16 and March 5-8: Some students will compete in Y.A.G.P. & WBGP Competitions
- Feb. 17: No classes in observation of Presidents Day.
- Mar. 30-April 3: SJDT Closed for Spring Break
- April 9: Master Class with Suki Shorer
- April 10: Master Class with Suki Shorer
- May 3: SJDT Summer Intensive Auditions. Open to the public. SJDT level 2-6 students please attend. Evaluations will be made by all of the teachers and discussed in year end parent teacher conferences.
- May 25: SJDT Closed in observance of Memorial Day
- June 6: All SJDT students perform in our Spring Performance, “Fairytales”. We will perform an excerpt from the “Sleeping Beauty” and the full length production of “The Firebird” at the Campbell Heritage Theatre at 2pm & 7:30pm
- June 7: Last day of Winter/Spring Semester
- June 8-14: SJDT closed for summer break #1, some Open Classes might be held
- June 15 – July 3: SJDT Summer Intensive
- July 3, 6pm: End of Summer Intensive In-studio Showing.
- July 4-12: SJDT Closed for summer break #2, some Open Classes might be held
- July 13-Aug. 9: 4-Week Summer Semester AFTER the Summer Intensive
- Aug. 10-23: SJDT Closed for summer break #3, some Open Classes will be held
- Aug. 22: Welcome back/Promotional Ceremony/BBQ
- Aug. 24: Fall Semester begins
- Sept. 7: SJDT closed for Labor Day
- Sept. 12 & 13: Nutcracker auditions, open to public. SJDT Students please attend