Reminder: No classes on Nov. 28, 29, & 30. Happy Thanksgiving!
Fall Class Schedule for August 26-December 18
Year Schedule for San Jose Dance Theatre 2019 - 2020
2019 Fall Semester (August 26 – December 18, 2019)
- Aug. 26: Fall schedule begins.
- Parent observation allowed the first week of the month without an appointment
- Free dress for level 5 & 6 every Friday
- Sept. 2: SJDT Closed (Labor Day)
- Sept. 7 & 8: Nutcracker Auditions, open to the public.
- Sept. 13: Mandatory Parent Nutcracker Meeting #1. Studio 4 7:00p Casting Revealed!
- Sept. 14, 15: Nutcracker Rehearsals Begin
- Oct. 18: Mandatory Parent Nutcracker Meeting #2. Studio 4 7:00p
- Oct. 30: Students allowed to wear Halloween costume, as long as it does NOT interfere with dancing.
- Oct. 31: No afternoon youth classes. Enjoy Halloween!
- Nov. 3: Daylight savings. Remember to turn your clocks back one hour.
- Nov. 9: 11:30am -12:30pm Selected SJDT cast members perform at World Wide Women Girl’s Festival in the main event at San Francisco Palace of Fine Arts.
- Nov TBA: Selected SJDT cast members perform at Zohar Performance Series in Mountain View
- Nov. 15: Mandatory Parent Nutcracker Meeting #3. Studio 4 7:00p. Detailed Center for Performing Arts Theatre will be given at this meeting.
- Nov. 19: Selected SJDT cast members perform at Santana Row Tree Lighting Event.
- Nov. 28,29,30: No class. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Dec. 1: Mandatory warm up and full studio run through at SJDT. Full cast is called.
- Dec 2-8: Nutcracker Theatre Week 1. Nutcracker performances at The Center for Performing Arts.
- Dec. 9: No class. All dancers please rest.
- Dec. 10-15: Nutcracker Theatre Week 2. Nutcracker performances at The Center for Performing Arts.
- Dec. 16: Master Class at SJDT with Jake Casey, formally with Cincinnati Ballet.
- Dec. 17: No youth class. All dancers please rest.
- Dec. 18, 19: Youth and Open Classes held.
- Dec. 19: Last day of Fall Semester.
- Dec. 20 – Jan. 3: Holiday Break. No youth classes held. Some open classes might be held.
Winter/Spring Semester (January 5 – June 7, 2020)
- Jan 3: Master Class, with Michael Lowe, Artistic Director of Menlowe Ballet
- Jan 4: Winter/Spring classes begin
- Parent observation allowed the first week of every month without an appointment
- Free dress for level 5 and 6 every Friday
- Possible Participation in S.F. Movement Arts Festival TBA. Select cast members to appear.
- Some students will compete in ballet competitions. More info coming.
- Jan 24: SF Movements Arts Festival
- Jan 26: Cast party, 12 – 4p, at the SJDT.
- Feb. 17: No classes in observation of Presidents Day.
- Mar. 8: SJDT Summer Intensive Auditions. Open to the public. SJDT level 2-6 students please attend. Evaluations will be made by all of the teachers and discussed in year end parent teacher conferences.
- Apr. 10-17: SJDT Closed for Spring Break
- Apr 18: All SJDT classes resume after spring break.
- Apr 18: All SJDT students perform in our Spring Performance. We will perform an excerpt from “Sleeping Beauty” and the full length production of “The Firebird”
- Apr 26: Selected cast members perform in SJDanceCo. Festival on Santana Row
- May 25: SJDT Closed in observance of Memorial Day
- June 7: Last day of Winter/Spring Semester
- June 8-14: SJDT closed for summer break #1
June 15 – July 3: SJDT Summer Intensive
- July 3, 6pm: End of Summer Intensive In-studio Showing.
- July 4-12: SJDT Closed for summer break #2
July 13 – August 9: 4 Week Summer Session AFTER Summer Intensive
- Aug. 10-23: SJDT Closed for summer break #3
- Aug. 22: Welcome back/Promotional Ceremony/BBQ
- Aug. 24: Fall Semester begins
- Sept. 7: SJDT closed for Labor Day
- Sept. 12 & 13: Nutcracker auditions, open to public. SJDT Students please attend